Universal Tennis is closely monitoring the international situation around COVID-19, and our thoughts are with everyone around the world who is affected by the virus.
If you are a player participating in an event, please reach out to the event organizer directly to discuss any questions or concerns regarding your participation or any plans to cancel or postpone events.
UTR Events are hosted by third-parties on our platform. As tennis events are postponed or cancelled worldwide, we would like to remind the UTR community that it is up to the individual discretion and judgment of tennis organizers and players to determine their level of comfort in participating, organizing or playing in any tennis event hosted via the UTR platform.
Universal Tennis remains committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees and the global tennis community, and recommends that all players, coaches and tennis organizers refer to the guidelines issued by the World Health Organization to stay safe:
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Maintain social distancing with at least 1 meter (3 feet) between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your bent elbow when coughing or sneezing, and immediately dispose of used tissues
- Seek medical attention if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
For more information and resources:
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
We are hopeful that with proper precautions and action, this challenging situation will come under control soon.